Friday 23 November 2012

The horde is growing slowly

A very quick update to track my slowly growing Orc horde. I received a few new miniatures in the post yesterday and there are more on the boat making their way south. Missing from the photo are the Grenadier Orc archers on Wolves and Orc Bolt Thrower (still in their blister packs)


And finally a quick cellphone shot of a completed plastic Orc. I am still not certain on the colour of the shield design. I was going to go yellow (but that seems too Gobliny) then I was going to go white, but I went with the Orc red in the end. Seems to work pretty well. The model looks a lot nicer in natural light and viewed by eye, the skin tones really don't come out in the photo.


4 comments:

  1. Some great old Orcs there. Are those some old LOTR uruk-hai in the back?... man those are hard to find.

    -Tartar Sauce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those certainly are the old Uruk-Hai in the back. I would love to get some more, but like you say they are hard to find!

      Delete
  2. Wow those are some impressively old models. The painted Orc looks good, and red suits the shield.

    Also...

    Congratulations, as I've given you a Leibster Award. Take a look at Screwed Up Dice to see the list of winners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An award! Awesome! Hehe. Thank you very much. I believe I need to pass it on myself now so that's the next plan of action.

      Delete